Now that you’ve read the pros and cons of freelancing in one of my earlier post (go ahead and check it out if you haven’t 🙂 ) and you think you are ready to join the freelancing world, you might want to check oDesk out.
But before applying or creating a profile, I suggest you do the following first (some people might not agree with me on this one, a lot of people register or create a profile first to access the “registered users only area” but in my opinion, you should check out what you are joining into first before test running it).
To familiarize yourself with oDesk and its interface, you can start by checking the following links:
- Creating an Effective Profile
- How to Apply for a Job
- What is the oDesk Readiness Test?
- What’s the difference between an hourly and a fixed job?
- Getting Started: Contractor 101
oDesk’s Knowledge Base Learning Center is quite helpful with questions that you might have. You might also want to look around the job listings to get a feel of what clients are looking for as well.
If you feel confident in navigating your way through oDesk, go right ahead and sign up. Good luck! 🙂
For tips on what to include in your cover letter, please check out my previous post, Tips on Writing a Good Cover Letter.
Feel free to leave any comments and/or suggestions below!
- Why Regular Backups For WordPress Can Save Your Business! - August 1, 2016
- $50 Cash Bonus For Opening A Tangerine Bank Account! - January 22, 2016
- Money-Saving Apps That Every Canadian Should Use - December 23, 2015
Leave a Reply